Sunday, September 19, 2010

Exposed


This old piano sits in Bucer's Coffeehouse a great little cafe' in downtown Moscow, ID. After getting our son Kurt moved into his Uof I dorm we strolled downtown and stopped for some drinks...the Italian sodas and cappuccinos are great. Near the shop front window sat this great piece and I really wanted to capture it with the natural light coming in. This would be challenging late in the day and I did not have my monopod. I went as slow as I could go(1/15 sec) off hand and still keeping sharpness then adjusted the rest of the settings to compensate. Using Canon 50D and Sigma 18-250mm lens f/4.5, 1/15 sec, ISO-400 at 35mm focal length. It felt a bit sketchy at the time but the camera's histogram indicated it should be alright. I was pleased once I got this to the computer. I captured great brass tone and rich wood and still got great detail in the strings and mechanical parts. Its one of my favorite character type shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment