Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hotel Meade











Bannack is one of may favorite Montana ghost towns as well as photo locations. Its building and landscape provide endless contrasts and textures to play around with. Bannack has also provided me with my one and only truely unexplainable and unnerving sensations. I am still a sceptic when it comes to spirits and ghosts and the like however.....Hotel Meade is known for its numerous encounters with ghosts and several years ago while exploring the second floor I had one of those wierd feels of pending danger..all the hairs on my body raised and I felt I had to leave the building as fast as I could....I saw nothing, heard nothing and still can not explain it though i was not the only one with that feeling. My wife had the same feeling which we did not discuss until later in the day. I have not had any such feelings on many return trips. The hotel does make for a great place to shoot and play with natural lighting from its many windows. These shots were taken using Canon 50D and Sigma 18-250mm lens on a Benro monopod. Auto white balance and center weighed metering.

No comments:

Post a Comment