Thursday, January 21, 2010

Small town road trip



I gave myself an asignment to capture small town live in Montana. For this I chose to take a road trip along the "higline" which is basically the stretch of farm land along old hwy 2 in northern MT. I headed to Havre, MT then cut east through Chinook, Lohman, and Malta before cutting m=back south to Lewistown and back west to great Falls. It always amazes me how large Montana is considering this was over 430 miles and yet on the map it is only a chunk about 1/5 of the state. At any rate the neat thing here is that nothing is ever torn down... it is just locked up and left to rot natually so there is an endless supply of old homesteads, buildings and farm equipment to take shots of. This was the ideal trip for the versitility of my Sigma 18-250mm lens. It was able to widen enough to capture buildings up close and still zoom in those distant critters and equipment in fields.



No comments:

Post a Comment