Thursday, January 21, 2010

Water blur in Giant Springs


For some reason I have had the toughest time learning how to correctly blur water. Things are starting to finally make sense and I am getting decent results during my practice sessions now. For this shot I waited for sunset to set up at Giant Springs park. I used Canon 50D and Sigma 18-250mm DC OS HSM lens. I placed it on a Vanguard Tracker 2 tripod and switched the optic stabilization off on the lens(can be counter active if left on while tripod mounted). I stopped the apeture down to a tiny f/32 to limit the amount of light coming in for the longer exposure I was after. With ISO-100 I was able to leave the shutter open a full 5 sec to create a nicely milked rapids. 50mm focal length and auto white balance setting. Getting better I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment